Fire Outbreak: Pandemonium In Bayelsa Varsity Over Early Morning Inferno

0
122

An early morning fire outbreak triggered panic on the campus of the Bayelsa State Medical University, BMU, on Wednesday.

The inferno started at around 6:40am at the female hostel of the university located along Mgbi Road in Yenagoa, the state capital.

It was caused by an electric spark while a student was trying to iron her clothes.

According to media reports, the alarm raised about the fire outbreak caused panic, with scores of students scampering for safety while others frantically moved valuable items from the hostel.

The fire was controlled from spreading to other rooms on the block by the combined efforts of the personnel of the Federal and Bayelsa State Fire Services who, reportedly, responded to the emergency call.

No life was lost or physical injury suffered in the inferno. But some personal effects, including documents and clothes, were lost by the occupants of the affected room.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here