NUC Harps On Production Of Quality Graduates At Caleb University Colloquium

0
72

The Deputy Executive Secretary (Academic) of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Dr Noel Abiodun Saliu, has tasked university administrators in the country to step up efforts at producing quality graduates from the nation’s ivory towers.

According to Dr. Saliu who was the guest speaker at the 2023 Staff Colloquium organised by Caleb University, Imota Lagos, the quality of graduates remains the distinguishing element of a University.

The NUC Deputy Executive Secretary affirmed, “Major highlights of the review of the Core Curriculum Minimum Academic Standard (CCMAS) contains 70% core courses for all programmes, with Universities, developing the remaining 30% innovative courses based on their peculiarities; and the introduction of blended learning in the delivery of the curriculum”.

In his. paper titled: ‘Curriculum and Technology: Changing Face of the Workplace’, Dr. Saliu, urged the University staff to leverage the newly introduced CCMAS to produce world-class scholars, saying the feat if archived would distinguish the University.

Earlier, the Vice Chancellor, Prof Nosa Owens-Ibie, in his presentation of a paper with the theme: ‘Attitude Re-engineering for Curriculum Implementation’, narrated how Caleb University developed a response to the Covid-19-induced lockdown.

He declared that the outcome has made the University to consistently maintain and operate its academic calendar without a break.

While reminding participants to continue to abide by the Character for Leadership mantra of the University, the VC said “Character is the evidence of who you are.”

Prof Owens-Ibie counselled on the need for a positive approach to the implementation of the new curriculum launched in December 2022 by the NUC.

Recall that the NUC recently convened a meeting of stakeholders to reiterate the implementation of the new curriculum with effect from the 2023/2024 Session.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here